Sarawak Records 1.24 Million Visitor Arrivals In Q1 2026
KUCHING: Sarawak's tourism industry continues to show positive momentum, recording 1.24 million visitor arrivals for the first quarter of 2026.
Sarawak Minister for Tourism, Creative Industry and Performing Arts Dato Sri Abdul Karim Rahman Hamzah noted that the figure shows an increase of 4.5 per cent compared to the same period last year.
According to him, Asia remains the main contributor to visitor arrivals in Sarawak, accounting for 52.6 per cent of the total visitors recorded during that period.
“Asia remains the primary source of Sarawak's visitors, contributing 52.6 per cent of the total visitors, and out of this total, 48.8 per cent are from ASEAN countries.
“Meanwhile, domestic tourism continues to drive our tourism industry forward, contributing 45.0 per cent during the period,” he said.
He said this during his ministerial winding-up session at the 19th Sarawak Legislative Assembly (DUN) sitting on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Dato Sri Abdul Karim noted that for the period from January to March this year, the state successfully generated RM3.15 billion in tourism receipts.
He added that the state government is targeting five million visitor arrivals this year, which would in turn generate approximately RM12.73 billion in tourism receipts. -UKASnews
Prepared By: Nur Nabilla
Photos By: Muhammad Rais Sanusi
Translator: Ryan Lim